Friday, September 9, 2011

Chanel Peridot swatch

Hiya,

Yesterday, when passing by the Chanel counter I could not resist a quick stop and a swatch of the fall nail varnish collection.

This one is called Peridot and it grew on me pretty quickly. It's an extremely metallic gold (which almost looks like a minx) with a green tone to it.
So in the daylight or under a strong spotlight it looks very gold and in the shadow, looks gold metallic green, almost like an insect wing, it's one of those amazing colours!


The price has gone up as well, now a bottle costs £18. It's a rip off, I know but this colour has been proving hard to resist and it's limited edition too.

I was surprised with the application, it was very smooth and uniform, it only needs two coats and I just read about using a black nail varnish under it to make the colour pop up, what a good idea.

If you are wondering, there's a dupe for Peridot, a nail varnish from Sephora called 'Diving in the Maldives', so if you are lucky enough to live near a Sephora, it's worth to check it out.

Is it a yay or nay?

See you soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner